2020 to 2021
Lantra the sector body for the Environmental and Land-based industries, is pleased to announce that we were successful in our bid to review the following National Occupational Standards (NOS):
- Environmental Awareness and Management
As most of you will be aware NOS are very important to the sector in their use within SVQ’s, work-based qualification development, training courses, in-house training, identifying skills gaps within an organisation and industry, aiding HR within the development of personal profiles and job descriptions, aiding in the delivery of the new English trailblazer apprenticeships and much more.
Therefore, to ensure we have relevant industry qualifications, up to date industry training and the right skills for the sector, we need to ensure that the National Occupational Standards for Environmental Awareness and Management and Floristry are still relevant, up to date and working for the sector.
National Occupational Standards must be updated every three/four years to ensure their value, if we fail to do this, qualifications, training and apprenticeship will become out of date and lose their effectiveness in enabling people to again the right skills to work within the sector.
We're calling on you as industry experts to aid Lantra during these reviews, by either contributing at our online working groups to help to update the NOS, becoming involved during wider industry consultation or simply passing this information on to members or colleagues within your organisation, who might be interested in getting involved.
The time frame for both projects:
- To form an online steering group in July, to aid with the communication of the project and the final NOS sign off
- Run online working group meetings using Microsoft Teams and Skype during July, August and September, these meetings will entail reviewing the NOS using SharePoint to allow you to comment on any changes which need to be made
- Host a wider industry consultation from 30 October 2020 for four to five weeks, to allow those involved in the working groups to share with colleagues and members, as well as Lantra sharing within our wider industry contacts
- To gain final steering group sign off by 15 December 2020
- To have the NOS approved by the UKNOS Panel by the end of February 2021.
Please check this page often as we will update it on a regular basis.
If you're interested in becoming involved in the NOS review in any capacities highlighted above, please contact the Standards and Qualifications Team.